In this post, psd-tutorial.com offers instructions on making your own light painting. I use the glow brushes tool to make this light painting.
You may notice that there are glowing stars everywhere in the image. I made it with Adobe Photoshop after seeing Kagaya’s artwork. It is perfect with any image hosting.
- 58 Surrealist Photo by Chema Madoz
- 18 Best Photoshop Effect Tutorials
- 40 Top Corporate Logo Redesigns
- 35 Great Examples of Infographics
- Open new canvas in adobe Photoshop by pressing Ctrl + N | fill the specification listed above. You may alter the canvas size, but make sure that the size is not far too large, because this tutorial is best for screen resolution.
- Fill background layer with solid black. This is the simple way: Press D, then Alt + Delete on background layer.
- Don’t forget to download glow brushes & install it in your Photoshop.
- Make a new layer above the background layer with default specification.
- Now, use some of glow brushes to make any composition of light as you like. If you haven’t used the glo brushes before, take some time to practice. Brush shortcut: B
- You have to set your brushes at 100% opacity & solid white foreground.
- Make a new layer & set the blend mode into overlay. You’ll colorize this layer, ok?
- (optional) i usually give base color first into colorize layer before adding another color. I advise you to set the foreground color into any color (I’ve used aqua blue in this image) and press Alt + Delete.
- Now use soft round brushes & set opacity into 10% - 20%. I usually use 100 – 300 pixel diameter.
- Change foreground color into any color & start painting!
- Do you notice some stars in this image? It’s optional, but adds visual interest to the image :D
- I haven’t made tutorial about making this stars, so this time, just copy & paste it from the psd files, ok?
- Open the psd file & drag the star into your artwork. You may resize it as you like.
- Use Hue/Saturation to change its color by pressing Ctrl + U
- You may add some text to make it more attractive like the title image.
If you have question, just leave your comments & i’ll reply it as soon as possible. Good Luck!
Learn web designing with an online course and become expert in design work using 646-204 guide and 70-642 design tutorial.